Opportunity for a self-driven and motivated individual with a technical background to apply these skills for commercial goals which include expanded presence within the US markets. The position allows growth and leadership opportunities to build and grow the US presence through expanded revenue growth for Gentian, a Norwegian diagnostics company. This is a remote position for candidates residing in the US.
Gentian AS is a company in the Gentian Diagnostics Group and is headquartered in Moss (Oslo), Norway, with representation in China, Sweden (Gøteborg and Stockholm) and soon, USA. Gentian´s employees (around 50 persons of varied age and nationality) develop, produce and market highly-sensitive diagnostic reagents and methods for the global clinical laboratory market, both human and veterinary. Gentian´s products have gained substantial market share due to their high quality from utilizing our proprietary technology for nanoparticle enhanced diagnostic tests. Our export rate is 99%. A number of exciting and original diagnostic products are in the pipeline.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Gentian’s immunoassay products from both a technical and marketing perspective
- Work with Norwegian based Sales and Marketing team to identify and develop leads for our FDA cleared and research use only products within the US.
- Maintain sales funnel for North American territory.
- Visit customers both pre and post sales to provide technical and marketing information as well as product support
- Support US based OEM partner by accompanying on customer visits
- Prepare and present product presentations where necessary
- Identify potential sites and support assay setup at key institutions, KOLs and early adopter sites
- Work with Marketing team to develop US specific studies and sales materials
- Represent Gentian at industry conferences
- Provide first line technical and application troubleshooting in response to customer inquiries from US.
- Contribute to Gentian Commercial team meetings
- Report to Norwegian based VP Marketing & Sales
First year success Criteria
- Retain current North American routine customer accounts
- Obtain 7 new accounts based on existing and new leads
- Establish good working relationship with key OEM partners
- Support initiation and role out of clinical study plan in North America
- Support international team and partners at planned North American exhibitions
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS, in Biology, Biochemistry or related scientific field
- Advanced Degree preferred but not required
- Knowledge of immunoassays development and/or clinical laboratory environment
- 3+ years laboratory and/or industry experience
- Ability to work remotely and interact effectively with Gentian representatives within the US
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to support, train and serve as a product specialist for existing distributors
- Develop customer appropriate sales and educational materials
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people across all levels
- Computer experience with Microsoft and Project Management Programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to function as a team player
- Problem-solving / trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to travel up to 50%: across US and occasionally to headquarters in Norway
What Gentian can offer
Gentian operates an incorporated subsidiary, Gentian Inc. through which this opportunity is employed. Through this we offer an employee benefits package including:
- Health insurance
- Pension plan contributions
- Paid vacation days