BioHeaIth Innovation aims to transform Central Maryland into a commercialization hub by building an entrepreneurial ecosystem using the research, funding, networks and business development resources available in the region.
The market for Health Information Technology concepts and new products are moving at a rapid pace. Since the signing of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) by President Obama in 2009 that allocated $36 billion to aid investments in healthcare IT and spurring new initiatives like the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) the environment and funding available to test new products significantly escalated.
Fast forward four years—there remains to be enormous untapped market opportunity with many new products being brought to fruition and highly innovative new concepts under development by the private and public sectors.
Maryland, a significant center of the health care industry nationally and home to the National Institutes of Health, Food and Drug Administration, Johns Hopkins University, the University System of Maryland, and a robust private sector has emerging opportunities within the Health IT industry sector from telemedicine and remote monitoring to electronic medical records and mobile health.
One of the mechanisms BHI will use to connect early-stage commercially viable Health IT technologies with essential resources will be the development of new Health Information Technology Accelerators in the region (Baltimore and Montgomery County, Md.). To co-manage the Accelerator program and support the client portfolio of companies, BHI is looking for a full-time Health IT Entrepreneur-in-Residence. The Health IT EIR will lead evaluations of early-stage health IT technologies, build a portfolio of commercially relevant health IT companies, and co-manage the Health IT Accelerators with BHI’s partners.
The Health IT EIR position is highly competitive and salary commensurate with experience. Applicants are encouraged to apply today!
BioHealth Innovation, Inc., (BHI) a non-profit organization which strives to facilitate the development of commercially viable health IT products and companies by connecting market relevant research assets to appropriate funding, management and markets, is seeking a Health Information Technology (IT) Entrepreneur-in-Residence.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Health IT Entrepreneur-in-Residence
The Health IT Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) will lead in the evaluation of early-stage health IT technologies, advise BHI on opportunities for new ventures, and build a portfolio commercially relevant health IT opportunities. The Health IT EIR influences the BHI organization by managing and providing information, intelligence and insights that drive critical business decisions. The Health IT EIR will work with early stage companies to launch and validate those companies while providing recommendations and insights on the direction of potential technologies. The Health IT EIR has the potential to also serve in a co-management role in a health IT accelerator.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced environment
- Sufficient technical skill set to analyze a breadth of innovations
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills
- Ability to effectively liaise with internal and external key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively and creatively
- Maintain flexibility in a changing environment and communicate effectively across the organization
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to lead a meeting and broker discussion
- Experience starting, running or working at a health IT startup
- BA or BS in a scientific, health sciences or information technology field
- Advanced degree in science, IT or business desirable
- At least three years of experience working for an investment bank, venture capital group, or small or mid-sized health IT company
- Prior experience in health IT product development and product strategy
- Familiarity with the venture capital industry preferred
- Personnel management experience preferred
- Experience working in a health IT business accelerator or incubator is a plus
TERMS & COMPENSATION
Compensation for this position is competitive and negotiable. BHI is an equal opportunity employer.