BioHealth Innovation, Inc. (BHI) is a nonprofit organization focused on supporting BioHealth entrepreneurs and related industry growth in Montgomery County and the BioHealth Capital Region (Maryland, D.C. and Virginia). BHI is seeking an energetic and motivated Marketing Intern to assist with communications and marketing-related projects. This position is estimated to be 15-25 hours per week, would start immediately, and continue for 12 weeks. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, the intern may attend meetings and programs to understand the full work of BHI and how the organization accomplishes its mission through constituent outreach and support, commercialization and partnership activity.
- Newsletter database updates and maintenance.
- Support of communications outreach to incubator and portfolio companies, Entrepreneurs in Residence, etc.
- Support creation and updating of wide range of material related to various BHI programs and activities.
- Website updates and maintenance.
- Assist Managing Director and other BHI staff in various administrative duties related to BHI grant proposals, industry analysis, programs, and events, and social media outreach.
- Enthusiasm and interest in entrepreneurship and/or non-profit administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Adobe Pro and ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Graphic design experience mandatory. Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Illustrator preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently.