On Thursday, August 22nd from 4-6:00 pm there will be an open house for the fall courses in the “Advanced Studies in Technology Transfer” program at the Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences (FAES) Graduate School at NIH in the FAES Academic Center in NIH Building 10 in Bethesda, MD. For the semester beginning on Monday, September 9th there will be 9 courses available for the program given in either Rockville or Bethesda:
- TECH 495 – The FDA, Science, Health Policy and Regulation in an Uncertain Environment
- TECH 513A - Introduction to Technology Transfer – Issues & Processes
- TECH 521 – Tools for Technology Transfer Managers–Handling Intellectual Property, Collaborations, and Agreements
- TECH 565 – Biomedical Business Development for Scientists
- TECH 567 -- International Strategic Partnering and Business Development
- TECH 575 – Accounting and IP Valuation for Non-Accountants
- TECH 583 -- Patent Research for Non-Legal Practitioners
- TECH 588 – FDA Regulatory Strategy in Medical Product Development
- TECH 607 - Capstone Course in Technology Transfer
- PHAR 328 – FDA Perspective on Drug Development
More details can be found in the new 2019-20 course catalog (www.faes.org) with online registration for classes available. The Advanced Studies in Technology Transfer is an open enrollment program with class credits transferable into various graduate degree programs at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Graduate School and the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC).
Technology Transfer Scholarships
FAES offers a limited number of partial tuition-remission scholarships for self-funding students. For deadlines and details on how to apply visit https://faes.org/tuition-and-funding .
Also as Department Chair, I’m happy to assist with any questions you might have about the program or individual courses.