There is a large gap between disruptive technological innovations in Universities and federal labs and commercially relevant technologies that enter the market. One of the principal reasons for this gap is the absence of resources (entrepreneurs, knowledge base, capital, etc) to facilitate the movement of the technology along the commercialization path.
The Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program at BHI is aimed at ensuring that disruptive technologies receive all the resources that are required to transform the technology from a discovery into a commercially relevant product and eventually have a measurable impact on human health. The program has been created to support scientists, early stage start-ups and licensed technologies to provide them with access to these resources.
Read more ...
20271 Goldenrod Lane 2nd Floor | Germantown, MD 20876
With easy access to I-270, the Germantown Innovation Center (GIC) is the County’s premier space for life sciences companies featuring wet labs and clean rooms in partnership with Montgomery College’s state-of-the-art biotech facilities.
TEDCO’s Market Search Databases will be hosted at the Germantown Innovation Center. These proprietary databases are available for use of the Maryland start-up community to explore market opportunities. Registration required. Click here to register.
- 32,000 square feet
- 45 offices
- 11 wet labs, averaging 500 square feet and 2 modular clean rooms (Class 100) for life sciences companies
- 2 huddle areas
- 2 conference rooms
- 1 large multi-purpose room, seating 80-100 people
- Green-design elements, including
- Lab floors of rapidly renewable materials
- Efficient mechanical systems
- Free parking
The BioHealth Capital Region has unmatched biohealth assets from iconic federal institutions, world-class universities, top-notch healthcare facilities, and global and emerging bioscience companies.
The GIC resident companies connect with BHI’s team and resources to help launch their business into the thriving BioHealth Capital Region.
- Turnkey office space with fully fitted wet labs, including ROI water, emergency power, and fume hoods
- Shared conference rooms with state-of-the-art audio visual systems, pre-wired offices to accommodate both telephone and broadband internet
- services and wireless internet access available
- A tenant services coordinator at the front desk
- Shared office equipment including copy, fax, scan, print and mail delivery
- Shared kitchenette/lunch room with coffee and other hot gourmet beverages, refrigerator, microwave and vending machines
- Office hours with professional service providers and targeted business educational sessions for you and your staff
- No long term lease obligations. Facilities offer flexible on year lease agreements with 60-day notice terms.
- Access to state of the art equipment at Montgomery College.
Startup Package for Client Companies
BHI works with a supporting network of renowned professional service providers that share the same vision for growing Maryland’s biohealth sector. These professionals work in partnership with BHI to support client companies achieve their goals. They understand the nature and needs of startup companies, and offer preferred rates for client companies. We are proud to work these esteemed organizations in serving the Central Maryland biohealth ecosystem.
If you would like to become a part of BHI’s network of startup package providers to work with unique companies and projects as evaluated and accelerated through our Venture Commercialization model, please send information no longer than 2 pages stating your qualifications against a category of support and include your preferred pricing in offering these services.
Read more ...
155 Gibbs Street 4th Floor | Rockville, MD 20850
Class A office space located in the heart of the bustling Rockville Town Center, which features great access to restaurants, nightlife, community events and fitness facilities.
36 offices and office suites to accommodate health technology, cybersecurity, biohealth and other enabling technologies
The facility offers flexible one-year lease agreements with 60-day notice terms.
Shared conference rooms with state-of-the-art audio visual systems, pre-wired offices to accommodate both telephone and broadband internet services and wireless internet access available
Shared kitchenette/lunch room with coffee and other hot gourmet beverages, refrigerator, microwave and vending machines
Relevant Health Accelerator
- Five-month cohort to five founders of health tech startups the skills to develop, position, and launch a viable health tech product
- 4000 square feet of open space in a co-work environment
- Focused on biohealth convergence, or the connection between disciplines in the healthcare market, including Health Technology, Bioinformatics, Health Information, Health Cybersecurity and other enabling technologies.
- Resident companies receive access to support in both hardware and software development.
- Resident companies will be aided by a variety of resources including BHI “Entrepreneurs-in-Residence,” MITRE technologists, key-opinion-leader sessions, tactical workshops on technology development, and entrepreneurship support from various corporate, strategic and investment partners.