Philophos, Inc. is an innovative Med Tech device company headquartered near Seoul in South Korea. We develop and manufacture quality, portable and value priced optical coherence tomography (OCT) devices for retina imaging. We have a functional prototype that is in pilot testing, and we are in the process of securing medical device approval in both Korea and the U.S. We seek a key management hire who can focus on accelerating sales, marketing and relationship development efforts for the U.S. market.
We are seeking a full-time, Business Development & Relationship Manager to represent Philophos, Inc. in the U.S.. Duties will include identifying, developing, and maintaining vital relationships as the primary role. Duties will also include supporting a variety of activities associated with launching our operations in the U.S. Our culture is a fast-paced environment that requires the ability to independently support multiple activities and manage deadlines with great coordination and communication skills with our headquarters team. Preferred traits are someone who is organized, adaptable, high-energy, a self-starter and good critical thinker who can overcome challenges. The candidate must possess excellent presentation skills including both oral and written communication abilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
Relationship Development & Management: Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, and partnerships. This should include but not be limited to:
- Prospective Customers
- Professional Service Providers (attorneys, accountants, consultants, regulators)
- Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Distribution Partners
- Potential Investors
Coordinate and Support the FDA Medical Device Approval Process
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and maintain social media management in USA
- Attend and present our product at trade shows and marketing events
- Develop initial sales and marketing plans including budget estimates
Coordinate and Support the launch of our U.S. operations
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years in business development or sales management for a medical device company
- Knowledge of U.S. FDA regulatory process
- Strong written & oral communication skills including bilingual in Korean
- Client relationship management expertise with a proven track record of success
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as required
- This position is virtual during the COVID pandemic
- Excellent time and expense management
- Knowledgeable of Social media management using Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams etc.)
- Degree, training or background knowledge in engineering
- Network relationship with existing distributors focused on Ophthalmology or a closely related sector
- Experience representing or supporting OCT products or solutions sold to physicians
- Previous start-up company experience preferably launching new entities
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
TERMS & COMPENSATION
Compensation for this position is competitive and negotiable. Philophos is an equal opportunity employer.