How can patients help shape the future of scientific innovation? What's the vital role of the patient's voice in developing life-changing medicines? In this captivating episode, fresh off her thought-provoking appearance at the 9th Annual BioHealth Capital Region Forum, Dr. Theresa Podrebarac takes us on a journey through the dynamic landscape of autoimmune medicine.
Dr. Podrebarac is a renowned physician scientist with a wealth of expertise in the biotech industry. As the Senior Vice President of Clinical Development at Horizon Therapeutics, she's at the forefront of bringing hope to patients with rare, autoimmune, and severe inflammatory diseases. Join us as we explore pivotal questions:
- What is Horizon Therapeutics' mission, and what are Dr. Podrebarac's primary responsibilities in this quest for life-changing medicines?
- How has Dr. Podrebarac's background as a rheumatologist influenced her belief in the importance of the patient's perspective in drug development?
- Discover Horizon's impressive journey in clinical development, with a sharp focus on autoimmune diseases.
- Dive into Horizon's global presence and the crucial role of its Maryland operations.
- What are the clinical goals that will shape the future of autoimmune medicine?
Listen now via your favorite podcasting platform:
- Apple: https://apple.co/45fIU5Z
- Google: https://bit.ly/3RH1iSb
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/45cxgJ0
- Amazon Music: https://amzn.to/48uxqhP
- TuneIn: https://bit.ly/3RDQBj1
- YouTube Audio: https://bit.ly/3PwgZJ6
Don't miss this enlightening conversation that delves into the nexus of science, patient advocacy, and innovation. Tune in now and become part of the future where patients' voices are not just heard but lead the way in shaping a brighter tomorrow. Available on all major podcasting platforms.
Theresa Podrebarac, M.D., M.Sc., is a physician scientist with extensive development expertise in the biotech industry. At Horizon Therapeutics, Dr. Podrebarac leads the clinical development function dedicated to bringing medicines for rare, autoimmune and severe inflammatory diseases to patients. Prior to Horizon, Dr. Podrebarac served as chief medical officer at two biotech companies focusing on rare diseases. She was also vice president, immunology clinical development at AbbVie where she helped develop approved therapies for psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis. At Biogen, she championed the development of tools and techniques for early clinical proof of concept in diseases including scleroderma and lupus skin disease.
Dr. Podrebarac holds a master of science in immunology from the University of Ottawa and a medical doctorate degree from Western University. She completed a postdoctoral fellowship in immunology at Harvard University.
Click here to read the transcript.